Nzulezo Village. Hired driver to take us to village and wait for 80 GH. Well worth cost. Driver was almost 2 hours on shitty roads in either direction with sightseeing and canoe ride and a guide for the village included.
The village was mostly quiet as it was market day. But people went about their business and children follwed us curiously. My favorite moment was 5 children sitting around a pot of palava sauce, fish and boiled cassava. They offered me some so I sat down in the middle of the walkway and scooped some up. It was so spicy and delicious! I had to stop myself from eating it all! So funny the one girl ran out to the water and scooped up lake water to cool off her mouth! Amansuri river water is apparently pure and good to drink- I wasnt going to chance it.
It poured down rain while we were there which was an amazing experience. Took a video to capture the sounds, hiding iside the school house.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment