Okay, today, I made a list of things to accomplish in Kumasi before departing. We wanted to stick to the list in order to prevent the overload that happened yesterday. Sometimes basic routine can really give some respite!
We were able to use the gym again today and exchanged emails with our friend Dee (after apologizing for drenching his floor - doesn't anyone sweat in this country!?)
This was a great memory. I went running around the campus at the university for a few miles. Ran into a few landscapers who - just as everyone was - were surprised to see someone running especially a woman. They gave a few hoots and claps and so I got them to come run a few minutes with me. Out of breath, they told me they had to stop because I was going too fast - I laughed and we all did the Ghana handshake exchanging names. They thought I was a famous marathon runner - LOL - thanks guys! Red Lizard represent.
We did a small amount of "shopping" (more drop me at my friend Rambo's shop to get my Gucci tank top) and hit the lorry station to go to Kofuridua ( locally or "obibini" known as Kofftown).
And here we are. No deviation from the list and all errands accomplished (including our daily stash of bananas) helps feeling less overwhelmed and back to a balanced state of exhiliration today. We decided to up the ante and get a nice hotel tonight. Staying at St. James off the beaten path.
We are making our top ten world travelling lists and comparing with one another. We are not sure what's next, but interestingly, we both had Southern India on our lists, as well as the Phillipines, Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.
Tonight, after our wonderful meal, our only plans are a hot shower and a shave. Ah. The luxury.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment